There are different contexts where the word can be used to refer to people. We use the word normal in our everyday vernacular. We might say something like:
- ‘You’re not normally this quiet, is something wrong?’ or
- ‘It’s normal for us to go out every Friday night.’
- Can normal for one person be abnormal for another person?
- What are the guidelines for being 'normal' and who set them?
- Is it the dominant culture of the society?
- Does ‘normal’ go back to the Nazis and the extermination of anyone who didn’t fit there ‘perfect’ category of people?
- Is it the media?
- Is it the powerful people in the world?